The quality of every relationship depends upon how well emotional needs are satisfied. That said, many people would be hard-pressed to say what those requirements are, which is regardless of whether they’re your own or another person’s – pal, partner, child, grandchild, company or employee.
It might seem like a big endeavor to figure out what they are, but think what! Others’ psychological needs are the same standard ones as yours. Is there an easy method of considering and attending to each others’ emotional requirements?
The answer turns out to be affirmative since those requirements are the same as the ones everybody grew through in childhood. Instead of outgrowing them when we reach adulthood, they become the basis for psychological life in the adult years. Here is a brief summary of the six important ones:
1. Each relationship is based upon connection through acknowledgment of the other individual with their own requirements, desires, and sensations. In healthy relationships, satisfying connections are made as standard feelings such as anger, fear, sadness, joy, etc. are shared and accepted. The bottom line, healthy relationships are based upon a stable psychological ‘home’ where each celebration’s sensations and requirements are confirmed.
2. Everybody needs to keep that ‘home base’ while acknowledging that there is a larger world beyond the relationship. Keeping that ‘home base’ intact supplies the security and security required for exploring that world – learning what’s out there. If the base is threatened, the option becomes either to quit the base and sever the connection, or keep the connection and quit learning what’s out there. Healthy relationships permit a continuation of that stable ‘home’ while the partners check out in such a way that adds to their shared security.
3. Togetherness is excellent, but eventually, the need to be independent emerges. Individuals require to develop, establish and keep healthy limits with each other. They need to establish ‘this is mine and that is yours’, and ‘this far and no farther.’ Healthy relationships have borders that permit each person to be themselves while respecting the separateness of the other individual.
4. It would be great if other individuals would be who WE requirement or want them to be, but that’s simply not the method healthy relationships work. Each person requires to explore who they are – their likes, dislikes, skills, capabilities, predispositions, and interests. Healthy relationships preserve the connection and shared support while allowing each party to develop its own identity.
5. While healthy relationships typically share the very same or similar values, It’s rare that each party in a relationship has all the same worth as the other. Experience the relationships of introverts with extroverts, of kids and parents, of a guy with a woman, of a stay-at-home parent with working moms and dad. Varying values and concerns are inevitable. Unhealthy relationships handle them with ultimatums (my way or the highway!). Healthy ones enable varying values between the celebrations with commonalities negotiated.
6. If each celebration in a relationship has actually reached adulthood, then each has actually formed all the parts of themselves to form a total personality. Being in a relationship with another does not suggest is that another person. It also does not indicate that one celebration takes in the other. Healthy relationships permit and even commemorate the other as a complete individual. Check More Como enamorar a mi pareja.