You require to recognize that designing is essentially a numbers game! Yes, you still require to have a great idea however you will discover that no matter just how great a suggestion you might believe it is you can still get rejected. Numerous marketable concepts are denied all the time. Even if it does not make good sense to you that they would reject a suggestion that they agree would pay. Below are some common reasons why even valuable suggestions are denied.
Lots of Inventors attempting to bring their item suggestions to market are entirely squashed by rejection. So, I thought I would certainly provide a listing of some of the reasons you might have gotten declined. It does not cover every reason you might obtain turned down, however, hopefully it will provide you something to think about.
1. The firm may already have a complete line of items and not wanting to include more.
2. The product is outside their target audience.
3. You sent your submission to the incorrect individual in the business – don’t think they’ll instantly send it to the ideal one.
4. You sent the suggestion unsolicited without contacting the company initially to discover their entry plan, as well as they, rejected it solely on that particular basis.
5. You did not have appropriate call information on your entry. (That is just one of the highest possible mistakes Inventors make. The firm will certainly not trouble tracking you down.).
6. They have a lot of comparable items and that market is flooded enough.
7. Your concept interest a really tiny niche market and they desire mass-market products.
8. The expense to make versus the ROI is expensive.
9. Your sales sheet did not WOW them and lacked customer advantages information or was overloaded with too much info to type with.
10. Your item has currently been patented by someone else and they don’t intend to see if they can walk around it or take the chance of violation issues.
11. Your product or idea isn’t far better than what is currently on the market. This tells them you did not research study your concept very well and do not have a hint that your competitors remain in the market.
12. You sent out a product that is exactly like their present product which current item is a limited vendor. So your own will certainly not fare any type of better.
13. Your concept is dated or gets on the drop-off contrasted to what is coming out the following year.
14. They currently have a better option than yours in the benefit release that coming year. (This is likewise where Inventors might scream the firm stole their concept even when the firm has actually currently purchased molds, design, examples, etc before the Inventor calling the business about their suggestion. This happens a great deal. Inventors neglect that they are not the only ones inventing.).
15. They have currently received a similar concept from an additional Inventor and also are in arrangements with that said Inventor.
16. You have posted your suggestion vulnerable online is among those development uploading sites where others vote on your product to see if there is a rate of interest. Your public disclosure makes the business concerned whether any kind of patent protection would be enabled and turns it down based on that concern.
17. You posted your unprotected concept and video of the working model on YouTube as well as have a considerable number of hits. This again increases the problem whether any patent would certainly be feasible as a result of your public disclosure.
18. You mentioned that you have a provided patent, but when they do a fast search on your patent they see that it has actually lapsed because of non-payment of costs and it has been expired significantly past the due day. Making the possibilities of it being reinstated not likely.
19. You have a patent, yet it was poorly written as well as does not cover the actual product. (This occurs a great deal).
20. You have a design patent and also designing around your patent is a simple task, which suggests they can anticipate really little defense in the industry.
21. In some cases the business you have actually come close to simply doesn’t take a look at outdoors suggestions and also does not advertise that fact. So you obtain a rejection letter, but it doesn’t discuss they simply do not look outside the firm.
22. You sent them your item however they have already selected their line for that year or the list below year as well as are not open to tackling anything else at that time.
23. They only take into consideration things with a sales background they can evaluate and also your product has never been in manufacturing or marketed stores or online. So they do not want to take the danger of being the initial company to market it.
For More details: